Why We Come
Our French African Community
· When? The weekend of and
Where? At the back of the church after all the Masses.
The Alternative Christmas Gift Fair is a unique opportunity to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ in a way that provides an alternative to the consumer frenzy which seems to dominate our culture.
This year, the proceeds from the sale of gift cards will be used by Global Partners Running Waters Project to help desperately poor, indigenous communities in Quiche, Guatemala.
· Over 90% of donations go directly to water projects in Quiche, Guatemala.
· Since 2003, GPRW has helped bring clean water to 8,237 families (approx. 41,178 people).
· Sometimes the current water holes are contaminated causing health issues
· Family members walk an average of 4 miles each day to collect 5 gallons of water needed for washing, cooking and bathing.
· It takes a woman 3 hours to wash laundry at a watering hole using a rock to wash the clothes
· The average weight that a woman carries on her head is 44 pounds. (water)
For more information, click on the link:
How Alternative Giving works!
· When a minimum suggested donation of $10* is made, the donor can select one of 4 card designs expressing Christmas wishes and explaining that a donation has been given to the Global Partners Project in their name.
*Donations can be any amount over $10, but $10 is the suggested minimum donation for a card.
· This card can then be given as a Christmas gift instead of giving a commercially bought item.
· Donations can be made by cash or by a check to: St. Camillus Church with
“Alternative Giving” in a memo line.
· Cards will be available in English, Spanish or French.
Alternative flash content